Sunday, July 26, 2009

First Night Out

So Rob and I have started cutting the proverbial cord. We went out last night...without the baby! My friend had a birthday dinner at a noisy restaurant/bar, which really wouldn't have been a great place for Jake, so my friend Gillian was kind enough to babysit for us.

Honestly, it went great. Jake and Gillian had a great time and I only texted home ONCE, though Gillian was thoughtful enough to send me back a second text later... very nice.

We only stayed out for a few hours... little steps, ya know. But the dinner was YUM... not helping in the getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight!

On that note, only about 7 pounds to go, give or take the day, but I'm finding those 7 pounds the hardest. This whole breastfeeding makes you shed pounds thing is now out the window for me. It lasted maybe a month. Ah well.

3 comments:

  1. glad you had a good night out, the 1st time is the toughest. Great work on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for nights out sans baby! Can't wait for that. And keep working on the breastfeeding/weight loss thing. I can't remember how long it took me to lose the baby weight with Jack, but I was still losing weight a year later, all because of nursing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - I'm famous!!!

    Gillian
    baby sitter to the stars

    ReplyDelete