Friday, June 19, 2009

Baby Slings...Any Suggestions

When I was home for Christmas, my sister-in-law Rebecca gave me her Baby Bjorn for when our baby was born. I remember using it with my niece Ava when she was 3 months old, and I thought it was really nice to be able to decorate the Christmas tree with her grabbing for the shiny baubles. But when we tried Jake in it, he screamed bloody murder. I think maybe it pulled at his legs too much since he's still so little, so he may not take to the Baby Bjorn for a while yet. But that doesn't mean I want to wait to use a baby carrier with Jake for another few months. My friends Silja and Will had slings made called Mei Tai's when they had twins, and I loved how sturdy and supportive they looked. But I have to think about my size. I really would like to have a baby carrier to use with Jake but I don't want to invest the money only to have it not fit properly. A friend's friend on Facebook loves her BabyNest as she has a big chest like I do, but I need to also think about my clothes size. So... anyone out there have a suggestion for me for a baby sling/carrier that is supportive and fits a large woman who's well endowed? I'd also like for my husband to be able to use it and he's a big guy too, and broad shouldered. Any ideas??

4 comments:

  1. try www.slinglings.com. I would bet they would deliver to you. I got one for when Evan gets here and it is SO comfy...and I even tried my 25lb 2 yr old in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make you own Moby sling. They are normally 5-6 yards long. I am going to make mine this coming week. I plan to buy 6-7 yards of one way jersey knit fabric. If 60" wide, cut in half lengthwise and sew or use stitch-wichery to finish the seams. Then go to the Moby website to learn ways to use it. It works for all body sizes and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Ergo Baby Carrier and a waist extender is available as well. My hubby is a big guy and it fits him. It is soooo comfy and you can carry infant in front then in back (I know carry my 16 month old on my back. Check out ergobabycarrier.com
    Good luck...you baby will love to be carried!!!!
    Congrats, Jen, he is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny, I met a woman last weekend who told me all about the Ergo! I gotta start looking into it because it's probably MUCH cheaper to buy in the states!

    ReplyDelete