Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Such the Proud Mama

Well, since I'm really rubbish ALREADY at keeping up with Jacob's baby book, I thought I could at least put some stuff on the blog so that someday I may be able to go back to this and tell Jake more about his milestones. :) So today, Jacob's 23 week birthday, was pretty big for him! Right before daddy came home from work, Jake successfully rolled from his back to his belly! Well, he's been doing that mostly for a while now, but he usually gets his arms stuck under him so he can't fully turn over. Today he rolled over and unstuck his arm, then did a push up. That was pretty darned cool.

Even cooler, at his bath time tonight, he actually showed physical signs of PLEASURE at being bathed! At first he would cry or yell when bathing, which turn to quiet unease, then quiet unsured-ness. But tonight it was actually smiling, gurgling, kicking pleasure! Hurray!


I wanted to put up a cuter picture, but the others require rotating the photo and I have NO idea how to do that on blogspot! I suppose I could get into iPhoto and rotate it first, but that would be too simple! :) Ok, hold on a second...

Right, here we go!

Much better! Dad's got his hand in a very fortuitous spot, but is actually just helping him from sliding down into the water. Those babies get slippery!

3 comments:

  1. What a CUTIE! He's getting so big, too! Hey, and that's what I do: I record most all the milestones in my blog, and so hopefully later on I can look back and transfer it all to the baby books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has a great face. In 20 years, he's going to be the friendly smart guy who makes strangers feel like a comfortable part of the in-crowd at the bar or wherever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable! Glad bathtime is becoming pleasant, you will have enough other fun stuff to fight over soon!

    ReplyDelete