Thursday, January 5, 2012

Yes, You DO Lose Your Balance! (Gore alert)

I should have posted this earlier, but just, well... didn't.  This is just a reminder to all preggo's out there that, yes, you can and WILL lose your balance the larger you get (with your pregnancy, that is).  A month ago, I was getting out of the car to bring my son to daycare, and bam! I tripped on a pot hole and down I went.  My bump was too big for me to keep my balance and there was nothing for me to reach out for.  Luckily, I kept my head about me and did my best to 'fall well.'  So instead of falling bump first, I fell knees and then hands and side of bump.... and then proceeded to bash my head well and truly into the ground.  Luckily there was a father who saw it all and came over to me, who lay bleeding on the ground, who was able to call the ambulance (who arrived 30 minutes later... gotta love Tallaght), and a grannie who brought Jacob into the creche.

Well, a 13 centimeter gash and 5 staples to my scalp later, I am living proof that your balance does go WAAAY off when you are pregnant.  So please!  Mind yourself.  Watch for pot holes, slippery things on floors, etc, and TAKE CARE!

(And baby is fine, don't worry. I went straight to baby hospital to have babaloo2 checked out after I was stapled up at the first one)

GORE ALERT!  I've posted pics of the day below, so if you don't want to see a bit of blood and head staples, don't scroll down.

 Triage did a fine job of temporarily bandaging me up.

Me and my bloody-matted hairdo 

 Post-stapling and loving my new bandages...sexy.

 Very thankful I wore a hat (and a red one to boot).  I had to rinse it well to get all the blood out, and it was still wet, but it was better than walking around mummified.

My staples.

No comments:

Post a Comment