Friday, September 14, 2012

Wait a Second, Shouldn't I be LOSING Weight?

I think I might have become a bit backwards.  While I was pregnant with Josie, I kept losing weight.  All in all, I lost about 8 kilos from when I went in for my first check up to my last prior to the induction/ birth.  And then, I lost a slew just after (which is, of course, expected).  But then isn't the downward slope supposed to continue?  Am I not due for more weight loss?  Well, apparently no.  This pregnancy blessed me with weight loss.... but in that, it cursed me with a sense of entitlement.  Hey!  Here goes the weight, of COURSE it'll keep going this way!  Yea well.... now that the baby hormones are gone, and the reality of living with two young children has arrived, the consistent meals and focus on what I eat is out the window.  In comes the 'grab breakfast when you can' mentality!  So now is the time to shake off those thoughts and put new ones in my head.  Time to get organized (wish me luck!) so that I DO eat healthy meals daily, so that I DO get my 5 fruit and veg in, my 8 glasses of water AND productive movement/exercise.  Oh the days when I had no life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment