Saturday, April 18, 2009

24 Hours Out

What a thrill when the diabetes midwife told me I could go home last night! I almost cried! I was starting to get really fed up with being in the hospital... and so BORED! But they let me out about 5pm last night. Sweet freedom! I've been home now just over 24 hours and have been doing the diet and insulin here. So far so good, though sometimes I think my bloods are higher than they should be. I still have to work at getting a good balance on my plate and watch out for too many carbs. It's kind of like a pseudo-Atkins going on, though I can have more varied fruits, I would say. I've got some Easter candy in the freezer for baby's birthday! Can't WAIT! Not only to actually eat chocolate again, but to finally hold my baby.

1 comment:

  1. hope everything is still going well bunny!!!

    ReplyDelete