Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Ever Expanding Arse

I know this is a problem for all pregnant women, but for myself, who started off with a large one, I'm finding the fact that my bum is getting bigger every day quite frustrating. Sitting in a movie theatre, for one, is not as comfortable, and forget airplanes! I just flew to NY and back to see my mom after her surgery and those flights were possibly the worst for comfort ever! On the flight to the US, the armrests didn't go up all the way, which was awful for comfort.

But, on the positive side, I've become a fan of Aer Lingus' old planes. My flight back was on the plane named St. Padraig (St. Patrick in English, Aer Lingus names all their planes after Irish saints). This plane didn't have TV's for every seat, but the armrests went up farther... AND, it was the first time in a LONG while that I didn't have to ask for a seatbelt extension! What bliss to be able to buckle the seatbelt without extra material! And pregnant to boot! How funny to me that as the travelling world's bums expand, the airlines seatbelts get generally shorter. Thank God for old planes.

No comments:

Post a Comment