Friday, February 20, 2009

This Whole Weight Gaining Thing

I'm sure this is similar for all women, but I'm starting to hate gaining all this weight! For someone who lost over 40 pounds, to then gain a lot of it back is really annoying. I know it's all for the baby but I don't think I EVER felt so much like a cow as I do now.

Stairs are the worst. When I gained weight previously, it was always over an extended period of time and I couldn't necessarily feel the effects. But I can certainly feel them now. Walking up stairs is such a pain..I can FEEL the extra weight pressing me down. I never felt this way when I was naturally this heavy.

And then there's bedtime. Up and down, side to side...ugh! I find myself flipping back and forth from one side of the belly to another to keep my upper arms from falling asleep. But the whole flipping aspect is quite difficult. Now I have to flip an ever growing...and an ever heavier belly over as well, making the task that much more difficult. No wonder I'm tired all the time!

But I suppose I need to look at the up sides. Baby has started kicking to the point where I can feel it when it kicks my hand. That's pretty cool. I suppose I don't feel it as much as others what with my anterior placenta and all, but it is definitely fantastic. And, I'm nearing my 3rd trimester. Only 3 months to go!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, sleeping! I think I flip sides about a dozen times a night. Not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I do it too and it's getting old REALLY fast.

    ReplyDelete