Sunday, May 10, 2009

Survival of the Un-Fittest

Oh dear, today is going to tax me something terrible. I mean, I'm EXCITED about today, but I'm also dreading it. My gospel choir is performing tonight, and as I'm the director, I have a LOT to do today. Rob and I will be leaving the apartment about 10am today to get to church, and there's a communion today. After mass, around 12:30-ish, my gospel choir is going to sing outside the church to advertise the concert. I then have time to EAT and relax before we have to set up the sound system at 3. 4pm is our sound check/dress rehearsal, and 5:15 the other groups come for their sound checks. 6:30 doors open and 7pm is go time. I think the SMARTEST thing I did for today was ask multiple performers to sing with us. That means, instead of me having to stand in front of the choir for 2 hours, I only have to do it for about 45 minutes. That being said, though, we've been performing around a bit lately, doing 4 songs here, 4 songs there... and I am WRECKED after 4 songs. Today's about 10+ songs!!! So, anyone out there who has pity on a SERIOUSLY huge pregnant woman, please send me on your energy and unswollen ankle vibes today. I'm going to need it!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Well done you! You are amazing to be doing all your doing with only a few weeks to go.

    When I was pregnant I couldn't do anything...even walking wrecked me!! And I love dancing and choreography!! So, I really think you're great.

    Hope tonight went well...love to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! The concert was a HUGE success and I'm now WRECKED! I'm still waiting on the total amount raised for Outreach Moldova, but I think we pulled in quite a bit for them.

    We could definitely use some more choreography work if you ever have a "spare" Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete