Sunday, May 17, 2009

Just About Packed

I've gotten everything buy my toiletries together, and now need to finish up the baby bag.  I go in tonight at 6:30 where they will get me started by ripening my cervix first.  I have no idea when they'll start the oxytocin to begin the contractions.  My guess is baby will be born sometime tomorrow. I'm praying that my labor isn't too long, though I know they can go on quite a while, especially with first pregnancies, and even more especially with epidurals (oh yes, I've decided I think epidurals are a very good thing).  I'm all nervous because I'm one of those people who thinks about everything that can go wrong, so I'm just trying to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel.  Think about holding the baby in my arms and praying for a safe delivery at the moment!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your big adventure. I'll be thinking of you throughout the evening/night and will be hoping for happy news in the morning.
    Take care,
    Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny - can't wait to hear the great news!!!! Good luck to all 3 of you :) You will be GREAT.

    Love, Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck Nifferdoodle.
    It's sooo exciting....and a tad scary too! But you'll be fine. Fingers crossed and thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been thinking of you all day. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you all right now.

    Best of luck and warm fuzzies

    Kiwi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck, Jen. I'll be thinking of you and your hubby and the sweet bundle of baby that you will soon be cradling.

    Love from across the water,
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete