Sunday, January 11, 2009

Morning Sickness

I was surprisingly lucky my first trimester....no morning sickness! Speaking to my mother, she told me she never had any either, so I guess I must have some good genes in there somewhere. I never did have to run to the bathroom. The nausea hit me more subtly, I suppose. When my stomach was empty, I would feel sick, which would make me not want to eat anything. So then when I forced myself to eat something, I would feel more nauseated for a while, but nothing ever came up, thankfully.

I've heard many horror stories about morning sickness and was just waiting for it to come. I'm supposing this has more to do with genetics then with my size, but I did read that taking a B complex vitamin and eating little but often to make sure your stomach always has something in it does help to reduce nausea. It apparently worked for me!

I'm still trying to do the little but often approach to eating. Actually, I find that I can't eat much at one sitting now anyways. Rob will put a meal in front of me, and I can only eat half of what I used to eat (which is probably a good thing) before my stomach starts screaming at me to stop. My only concern is that I do actually get enough calories for the baby. I'm sure I am, as I'm probably used to what a big person eats and am not used to normal portions. If only I could hire myself a personal chef to teach me all about portions for a month. But so far, having multiple meals has seemed to work. I never get too hungry (well, that's not quite true, sometimes at work I don't get lunch early enough and then I become the big pregnant hunger bitch), but I'm usually pretty good at keeping something in my stomach. So for now it looks like that's the method I'll be sticking with.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen! I never had morning sickness either, with Jack. It was great! This time... I wasn't so lucky. But it only lasted a couple days.
    Love the blog! I have one at http://lisamaureenmarshall.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete