Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Battle of the Nursing Bras

While I was home for Christmas, I bought a selection of nursing bras as I didn't trust my ability to find decent ones in Ireland. I can't find decent REGULAR bras for plus sized women in Dublin, so how would I ever find NURSING bras! Some of the books I read suggested that I might want to being wearing them before the baby comes as they are more supportive and such. Well, we'll see. Are these bras for plus sized mommies really more supportive or are they just enlarged versions of the skinny mom's bras? Would we be better off sticking with our Lane Bryant's finest?

So, over the next few weeks, I'm going to battle it out between 4 nursing bras bought at Motherhood in Syracuse, NY. I tried them all one before purchase, but as well big mama's know, you really need to WEAR a bra before you know how well it feels.

The four style of bra to be included in the battle are:
1. The normal old nursing bra
2. The racer back sports nursing bra
3. The lacey-sexy underwire nursing bra
4. The night time sleeping nursing bra

I'll even throw in a black sheep, the NORMAL, big lady, non-nursing bra as number 5 for good measure!

Each of these 5 bras will be rated on it's comfort, support, need to be adjusted constatanly, ease of unsnapping for nursing and attractiveness.

Let the battle begin!!

4 comments:

  1. I love my Lane Bryant bras, or should I say, loved. I have outgrown the cups and did not want to waste money on one I would just outgrow again. I just have a cheapie from Walmart for now. So comfy. As far as supportive goes, Lane Bryant rocks but just not great when it comes to the actually nursing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well keep an eye here, because I'll soon be giving info on Motherhood nursing bras (as a spoiler, the racerback bra is winning for support...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there is an article that would really help, look here: The Best Nursing Bra For You

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nicole,

    The problem isn't really that I don't know what I need, it's more that I can't FIND what I need! :)

    ReplyDelete